Mar 15, 2013

Week in Review: 3/11-3/15

A few things I've been doing this week (outside of work):

My typography & handwriting. 
Handwriting is a lost art and if you've seen my daily notebook, you'd know that I'm the last person to have nice handwriting. I should have been a doctor with my handwriting is what I'm saying. But after being inspired by the creative ways to write things, I started my own handwriting journal to test out different font types. I'm kind of addicted...it's doodling that I can actually do!
Cooking from Scratch.
Check making my own avocado-cilantro dressing and homemade BBQ sauce off the list of things to make from scratch! Surprisingly easier than anticipated, I love the sense of accomplishment I get when I make my own sauces and dressings! I've also been YT'ing how to cut properly (using a rocking motion instead of see-sawing back and forth) and have noticed that as I continue to practice, I'm getting better and better! Next stop: The Next Iron Chef!

Running in the fog.
I've been kind of lazy when it comes to running on a daily basis, especially with the time-change last Sunday. The sun isn't up til 7am! Luckily having Dallas gives me a (false) sense of security. How can any murderer want to hurt this face?!

questions? askphivy! | @hoisinivy | instagram

1 comment:

  1. You're not laughing at my makeshift BBQ sauce anymore! Ha HAH!

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.