Aug 15, 2012

Easy Glaze Chicken

Found this on Pinterest! SUPER easy and super delish!

+ 4 pieces of chicken (I used skin-on, bone-in thighs)
+ 4 cloves of garlic (I used 4 tsp of chopped garlic because I'm lazy and don't want my hands to smell)
+ 4 tbsp of brown sugar
+ 3 tsp of olive oil
+ salt
+ pepper

> Pre-heat the oven to 500-degrees, spray non-stick spray onto a casserole/baking dish.
> Saute the garlic in the olive oil until soft (be careful not to burn!)
> Remove from heat and add brown sugar, mix
> Put chicken in the prepped casserole/baking dish
> Coat the chicken with the brown sugar mix (since I had skin-on thighs, I put some of the mix in between the meat and skin)
> Season with salt and pepper
> Bake 15-30 minutes

it might be a little TOO brown, but I liked the crispy skin! (guilty!)

I served this with a quick whole-grain couscous salad (couscous, chopped cucumber, and chopped tomatoes, salt & pepper). I added a tbsp of low-fat balsamic vinaigrette for some more flavor.
Ryan totally ordered pizza for dinner tonight, but I stuck to my guns and ate this healthier choice instead. Stupid MyFitnessPal!!

Only eating 1 piece of chicken and about 1/2 cup of the couscous salad, it was a 300 calorie dinner. NOT BAD!

2 comments:

icanhascomments? yes please.