Aug 15, 2012

Beachy Keen

Ryan's knee has been bothering him, so instead of running on the pavement, we decided to go running on the beach. Running on the beach, I swear, is like 10x harder than running on the sidewalk and like 100x harder than running on a treadmill. The resistance! The weird pivots and angles! But it's an amazing workout. Don't judge me, but for a moment, I did consider buying VIBRAMS because it would be perfect for beach runs.

Last summer I used to run next to the beach (on the pavement, not on the sand), maybe by the time summer ends, I'll be much better at running in it...because last night, I thought I was going to throw up.
According to my MapMyRun app (which did not take into consideration that I was running in the sand), the 65 minutes Ryan and I were out there, I burned 485 calories! Now where's that brownie?




No comments:

Post a Comment

icanhascomments? yes please.