Nov 19, 2010

Crab Cakes & the Capital

Hey, remember when I went to MD & DC last month? Sorry it's taken me so long to post pictures, but as you guys may know, last in October, Rye & I went to Maryland & Washington, DC to visit my sister, brother-in-law, niece & also to site-see. Neither of us have been to either areas so it was definitely exciting. My sister's lived out in MD for over 6-years, and JUST NOW do I have the funds to visit. Now that I've been, I can't wait to go back. I especially want to go back for the Cherry Blossom Festival, but I know that it's such a limited time (I think like 2 weeks) and can range anywhere from March to April...so we'll see if I make it in that window!

In summary, our trip:Overall, we had an amazing time. There was A LOT of walking & A LOT of picture-taking. Between Rye & me, we had over 700 pictures for 4 days. A lot of them were repeats or of the same thing in different angles, but 700?? Thank goodness we had huge memory cards (twss). To avoid the longest post ever, I'll try to keep it quick with some of my favorite pictures & memories.

In Maryland, we visited the Naval Academy, but more importantly, ate these AMAZING crab cakes at G&M Restaurant & Lounge, which were to die for. They were the size of a halved grapefruits & just full of crab meat (versus random filling). We also drank margaritas & played Rock Band the rest of the night.
my sister & i at the US Naval Academy (cat-call to the sailors!)
h&m trench coat, banana republic scarf
my niece TERRIFIED that she had to go in the car with rye & me. sads!

ripley, a little more comfortable, and like her aunt...very fond of the camera.

In DC, we of course went to all of the monuments, museums & touristy stuff. Walked a lot. Ate a lot.

rye & his "washington monument" (done on purpose)...very classy
f21 sweater & jeans, steve madden boots
imagine waking up to THIS face every morning.
love
ripley again, terrified to be in my arms...i'm going to be a GREAT mother!
my fave pic of ripley & me...and maybe of the entire trip


j&g steakhouse
hey guys, look, it's the white house!
lady-like, per my usual

mike & chris jacket, f21 jeans, steven madden boots, chanel sunglasses
fell asleep during the IMAX dinosaur movie. and i LOVE dinosaurs!
capitol hill
steph: what are you doing?
rye: i was pretending to throw it like a paper airplane. what are YOU doing?
steph: holding the plane on my hand. we didn't coordinate that very well, did we.

ripley garden

Thanks again to everyone who sent me great recommendations on where to go! Can't wait to share my next trip (still TBD).

6 comments:

  1. Wow, funsies!! Looks like you and Rye are awkwardly trying to hold hands in that airplane pic, haha. Lol, Ripley loves her auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the best pictures! great to look at and so entertaining. your niece is a hoot! she cracks me up!

    ...the airplane photo...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love yer boots YOU LOOK SO PRETTY

    i also love the withering stare of your niece's in ryan's washington monument photo hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol at your classy pics :)

    Your niece makes the funniest faces! So cute!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you really enjoyed your vist. Definitely try and come back during cherry blossom time as it is really pretty.

    My father raves about G&M and I finally went with him one day. I agree, those crabcakes are the best!! Now, I'm really craving one, lol. Too bad it is a bit of a drive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I love it, esp. because I went to the University of Maryland! Most of my college friends still live in D.C/MD and I make it there at least once a year to visit. Looks like you had a great time exploring all the sights. :) Your niece is so adorable!

    Let's try to meet up soon for coffee!

    xx, becs

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.