May 18, 2009

Red Siren

Decided to be cah-raaazy and switch it up a bit: instead of concentrating on my eyes, I decided to let my lips shine a bit. I am bravely attempting to wear red lipstick - it's not my go-to MAC Ruby Woo (since it fell out of its container), but it'll do. Even though it wasn't as dark as I would like it to be, I think for a daytime look, this actually works.

It's a little difficult to find a red lipstick that suits Asian skintones, particularly because they can look too orange or purple - so I would recommend MAC's Ruby Woo (Ryan's sister turned me onto it) and I mix it up with Nars lip lacquer in Diablo. I would recommend lining your lips in nude, isntead of a red lipliner, in case the lipstick wears off and you end up looking like this. In case you were wondering how I did my eyes, I applied a light shimmer in the inner corners and accented the edges with a deep brown (making sure to blend!) and lined my eyes with liquid eyeliner and added mascara. That's it!

Ryan's cousin photographs for funsies and we did a quick photoshoot at Westchester High School, as soon as he provides the photos, I'll show you. I wore a really kickass outfit, but unfortunately, he made me change since it didn't really match the mood of the bleacher. Haha.

How was your weekend? Happy Monday (but not really, because again, who likes Mondays?)

7 comments:

  1. you look so beautiful! i love red lips. thats definitely a great color of Asian girls. Its a fun change and great pop of color! I Love your hair and smile too!

    so when are u getting married pretty girl!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. the red lip looks great on you! adore your fabulous hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this look is awesome!

    and i'm totally linking you up when i get off my lazy bum and add all the links i've been wanting to add to my sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that red lipstick is SO pretty on you! truly, you should always wear it - so beautiful!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great FOTD! I love the red lips, my only objection to such a look is that I find lips to be such high maintenance makeup to wear cuz you always have to do touch ups haha. Btw, I'm having a contest on my blog that your readers may be interested in featuring great designer fashions from ChickDowntown: http://highmaintenancewoman.blogspot.com/2009/05/get-summer-ready-with-chickdowntown.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous, I love the red lip on you!

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.